Place Category: ideaborn sl
Dates (start/end) : 04/2016 – 12/2016Overall project value (EUR): 277.292Origin of funding: EU CommisionName of client: EU delegation to JordanName of consortium members: ARS Progetti
In 2016, the EU decided to support the programme “Civil society and media”. It will be implemented on two separate and yet interrelated components dealing with the Civil Society Sector and the Media Sector respectively. The overall objective of the programme is to strengthen democracy in Jordan through increased participation of citizens in political life and through increased independence, quality, and credibility of the media and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs).
The present assignment is related to the component 1 “Support to Civil society” and its objective is to assist the National Centre for Human Rights technically in best practices on CSO engagement and outreach and in the practical aspects of EU project management and financial procedures with regards to all activities to be implemented during the project’s period, including supporting the Centre to launch one or several calls for proposals for CSOs/CBOs.
Type of services provided
- Supporting vulnerable CSOs with easier access to funding and on-going capacity building;
- Supporting the NCHR in the development of outreach and engagement tools with civil society;
- Organizations and specifically with Community Based Organizations in all governorates of Jordan;
- Preparation of the Programme Estimates;
- Preparation and launching of calls for proposals (guidelines, evaluation committees, selection process, etc.);
- Day to day management of the civil society mechanism (administrative preparatory tasks related to planning activities, procurement, grants and financial management, etc.);
- Monitoring of project implementation;
- Reporting preparation;
- Communication and visibility, dialogue with other related programmes.