The civil society area brings together projects aiming at improving the capacity of vulnerable populations to fully enjoy theirs human rights, with special attention to those of “first generation”. Thus, conciliation processes, between the civil society and the public sector, are being facilitated to ascertain the preparation and execution of public policies aiming at guaranteeing the access to human rights, at a local, national, regional o international level.
First generation rights
Tightly linked with the state of law area, the projects promoted by ideaborn in this domain focus on the strengthening of the justice demand in case of human right violations, looking to better the civil society’s capacity to require top quality answers in courts.
To reach this objective, Ideaborn does not work directly with the population, but rather bolster Non State Actors whether they are legally constituted (ex: Non Governmental Organizations), or non-formal institutions like the Community Based Organizations, that regarding their small size and informal status, don’t have juridical person.
Ideaborn’s partners work in different areas, among them, we can distinguish:
- Popularization and formation in human rights. Assistance directed to support the capacity of the civil society organizations to, on one side, inform vulnerable populations victim or at risk of human right / international humanitarian right violations which are theirs rights; and on the other side what are the available mechanisms to require their protection and restoration.
- Support to justice Access: assistance directed to the civil society organisms aiming at supporting vulnerable populations in processes of conciliation, traditional justice, and / or judicial processes.
- Offence prevention: Assistance directed to create spaces and design activities ascertaining the strengthening of the social putting down of roots of vulnerable populations at risk of exclusion (young people from marginal districts, displaced people, and refugees)
Rights of second and third generation
- Basic education: Assistance to organizations and governments to promote strategies directed to guarantee universal basic education, with special consideration to the most vulnerable population. Therefore, ideaborn brings support in the preparation of plans of initial formation, ongoing formation, on the evaluation of teachers in primary and secondary education, with special consideration being made to the popularization of civil values and of a “human right culture”.
- Environment: ideaborn supports organisms of the civil society willing to conciliate inversions guaranteeing the access of the vulnerable population to basic services (housing, water, electricity, sanitation) and the preservation of the environment.
- Migration: Because of the daily increase of the number of migrants, migration became a determining topic in our societies. The actions of ideaborn aim to ascertain the access of the migrants to their fundamental rights without discrimination of status (forced emigrants, interns, refugees, etc.).