Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : February -March 2015Overall project value (EUR): 39.000Origin of funding: BTCName of client: Belgian Technical Cooperation
The Burundian Government has prepared the National Strategy for Good Governance and the Fight against Corruption in 2011. The strategy includes objectives related to the different aspects of governance: political and democratic governance, administrative governance, economic and sectorial governance as well as the fight against corruption as a transversal element.
The strategy is implemented by different ministries coordinated by that of Good Governance and Privatisation. The latter is supported technically and financially by the Belgian Technical Cooperation.
The external evaluation is carried out through a participatory approach where the different actors that implement the strategy are progressively called to participate in the preparation of as well as to validate each of the following products:
- the assessment and analysis of the achievement of the strategy in respect to its expected results for the years 2011-2012, 2013 and 2014;
- the identification of lessons learnt in order to adjust the projects and activities foreseen for the last year of implementation;
- the identification of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the implementation’s structure;
the formulation of recommendations and proposals to inform the preparation of the next strategy;
- the analysis (audit) of the indicators and the preparation of proposals to ensure that SMART ones are identified to monitor the implementation of the next strategy.
Type of services provided
The services provided include:
- identification of a suitable evaluation methodology;
- desk analysis of the relevant material on the implementation and monitoring of the strategy;
- organisation of work-shops to consult the actors involved in the implementation of the strategy (government authorities) as well as those interested in its results (media, civil society organisations, private sector, etc.)
elaboration of conclusion;
- organisation of a workshop to present the conclusions to the actors involved;
- organisation of an additional workshop to present the conclusion to government entities in charge of preparing the post 2015 strategy.