Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Country: MaliDates (start/end) : 11/2018 - 01/2020Overall project value (EUR): 206810Origin of funding: Comisión EuropeaName of client: Delegación de la Unión Europea en MaliName of consortium members: GFA Consulting Group GmbH
General Objective: To assess the progress made in the Nexus Humanitarian – Development in Mali process and relaunch it on the basis of dedicated technical expertise that will accelerate the achievement of concrete results and support a strategic dialogue with relevant ministries, providing better protection for vulnerable people and better access to basic social services, as well as more sustainable management of natural resources.
A diagnosis of the concrete progress of the Nexus process is made at the time of the launch of the technical assistance. This diagnosis covers sectoral and cross-cutting aspects, as well as the general dynamics and coordination of actors around the Nexus.
- Sectoral roadmaps reflecting the convergence of short-, medium- and long-term strategies are developed in accordance with Mali’s sectoral policies and humanitarian and development programs with the participation of the various actors in the sector (donors and operators).
- The level of implementation of the required sectoral roadmaps is defined by geographical area and by type of actor (humanitarian, development, state social services).
- Sectoral action plans are developed for each identified area, reflecting its specific security, geographical and socio-economic characteristics, as well as the level of functionality of basic social services.
- The various existing and/or proposed sources and funding modalities are identified, and recommendations are made to better align with the objectives of the Nexus.
- Synergies between sector approaches in the same area are identified as relevant and do not question the effectiveness of sector approaches or their cost-effectiveness, according to state technical services.
- Taking into account the elements of “protection” is ensured by specific elements in each sector and the links created with specific protection programs.
- Simple objective indicators will be proposed to actors to judge the progress of the implementation of sectoral roadmaps and action plans.
- A plan for communication and dialogue between actors is developed to influence the strategies of Mali’s technical services, donors and actors in the field.
- Concrete recommendations are formulated to be included in the joint programming exercise (EU + EU Member States + other countries sharing this approach) of development assistance in Mali.
- General and sector-specific recommendations are formulated to allow for a better consideration of the nexus in the revision of national policy and strategy documents so that the Nexus is better reflected.
Type of services provided:
- Evaluation of the NEXUS process in Mali by an expert Team Leader CAT I
- Technical, conceptual and logistical backstopping of the project from Barcelona headquarters.