Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : October 2015 –January 2016Overall project value (EUR): 108.676Origin of funding: EUName of client: EU Delegation to NigeriaName of consortium members: ARS Progetti
In 2014, a report identified long-term strategic priorities for EU’s cooperation with CSOs in Nigeria. It also proposed more appropriated modalities of working and funding, and a more comprehensive approach. The European union’s objective was to enhance its engagement with civil society because it has a role of critical and growing importance in its external relations in Nigeria and beyond. Based on this report, the EU has been setting up a project to strengthen the role of civil society as independent development actors in their own right and as drivers of more effective, accountable, transparent governance at all levels.
The global objective of this contract was to assist the National Authorizing Officer and the EU Delegation in the identification of a civil support program under the 11th EDF National Indicative Program for Nigeria. The support aimed to define an appropriate basis for the formulation and design of the program, in accordance with the 11th EDF National Indicative Program for Nigeria 2014-2020.
Type of services provided
The support provided includes the following services:
- An assessment to provide basis for the selection of 3 pilot states for the proposed action.
- A comprehensive context and drivers of change analysis.
- Identification of risks and assumptions
- Identification of lessons learnt, complementarity and cross-cutting issues
- Identification the overall objective, the specific objectives, indicators and sources of verification for the purposed action.
- Provision a preliminary indication of the aid modality and briefly present the envisaged implementing partner and implementation modalities.