Human Rights Protection Strengthening Project – National and Specific Regional Thematic Studies – Lots 1,2,4,5
Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : July 2009-April 2010Overall project value (EUR): 79.990Origin of funding: European CommissionName of client: European CommissionName of consortium members: Cotecno/Inecip
This post is also available in: ES (ES) FR (FR)
This contract is part of the Project Strengthening the System for the Protection of Human Rights in Argentina, the general objective of which is “to Strengthen the Human Rights Protection System at both national and provincial level by improving coordination between the Government and Civil Society”.
Technical assistance will support the Human Rights Secretary of the Nation, those of the target Provinces, the Human Rights Observatories, social organizations and universities in carrying out 4 thematic regional studies on the situation of economic, social and cultural rights, as defined by the UN International Covenant, in the regions of Cuyo, Noreste, Pampeana and Patagonia.
The results of the studies will be used to improve knowledge as well as to establish a base line for the development of general policies and specific actions aimed at furthering the respect of human rights. Moreover, they represent the basis for the organisation of exchange of experiences at both national and international level.
The main activities of the studies are:
- appraise the legal framework at provincial level in order to assess its consistency with the relevant International Treaties as well as with the National Legislation on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and on Collective Rights;
- appraise formal and informal civil society organisations having as main aim the promotion and protection of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and of Collective Rights, identifying their aim, legal situation and areas of activity;
- Identify the situation of Human Rights in every region;
- Identify priority themes of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, as defined y the Covenant, in each region;
Mapping advocacy organisations working in Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in each region.
Type of services provided
1 Team Leader – General Coordinator.
1 Expert in Participatory Techniques in charge of coordinating the organization of workshops and conferences with the community and with civil society organizations.
1 Expert in HHRR Policy in charge of organizing workshops and conferences to facilitate dialogue between civil society and governmental actors.
Backstopping services and short term expertise (training, capacity building and facilitation experts).
As leading firm of the consortium, Ideaborn manages resources and guarantees the technical quality of the results achieved and ensures compliance with the client’s administrative requirements.
Moreover, Ideaborn supports the experts in the implementation of the work as well as in activities such as desk reviews, logistic appraisal and technical and linguistic documents review.