Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : 08/2016 – 09/2016Overall project value (EUR): 41.326Origin of funding: European CommissionName of client: Delegation of EU in EgyptName of consortium members: ARS Progetti
The new Gender Action Plan, Gender equality and women’s empowerment: transforming the lives of girls and women through EU external relations 2016-2020 (GAP II) aims to place gender equality and the empowerment of girls and women at the heart of the EU’s external actions. GAP II implementation is the responsibility of the Commission services and the European External Action Service both at Headquarters (HQ) and Delegations levels. EUD to Egypt will consequently have to implement GAPII as well as monitor and report annually on EU contribution to at least one objective per GAPII thematic priority.
The objective of this assignment is to support the DUE in Egypt in the implementation and monitoring of the GAP II. This is a ‘Gender Analysis’ (GA) which will be developed based on previous efforts to promote gender equality and empowerment issues in Egypt. The GA consists of highlighting issues related to gender equality and women empowerment, such as differences in the conditions, needs, participation rates, access to resources and development, control of assets, decision-making powers, etc. between girls/women and boys/men. The objective is to study the current response by the EU to the relevant gender issues in Egypt, including through EU financial assistance and political and policy dialogue.
Type of services provided
- Desk review of EU documents and other international and national documents and studies on gender equality and the situation of women in Egypt;
- Meetings and interviews with various stakeholders
- Updating information and gender statistics of Egypt Gender Country Profile;
- Focus group meeting with a selected number of Member States
- Identification of EU funded programs/projects with a potential for gender mainstreaming, on the basis of selected criteria;
- Development of an implementation and monitoring framework of GAP II in Egypt.
- Recommendations in the form of concrete actions/indicators to the EUD in Egypt.