Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : January 2005 - February 2005Overall project value (EUR): 55.000Origin of funding: European Commission MEDAName of client: B&S EUROPE / European Commission delegation in SyriaName of consortium members: B&S EUROPE
The mission was carried out in the framework of a Civil Society Development Program, a European Union initiative aiming at strengthening associations and their activities in Syria.
The legislation expert provided by ideaborn was in charge of the following:
- Carrying out a comparative analysis of laws regulating associations and foundations in EU countries,
- Analyzing the constitution of Syria, the State of Exception Law (applicable law), the Associations´ Law, related amendments and regulations, as well as other relevant legislations,
- Elaborating a study on the Syrian legislative framework related to association regulation with recommendations for the elimination of the bottlenecks that make difficult the creation and free operation of non-governmental organizations.
- Organizing (and participating in) a seminar aiming at fostering the debate and reform of the associations´ law with the participation of jurists, activists of human rights, NGOs managers, the Employment and Social Issues Ministry and other members of the administration.
- The expert worked in coordination with two civil society experts that were in charge of mapping the civil society organizations in Syria
Type of services provided
Law and human rights legislation expert that provided a comparative study of NGOs legislation, an analysis of Syrian legislation and coordinated a workshop to disseminate both papers.