Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : October 1999Overall project value (EUR): 10.000Origin of funding: Agencia Española de Coooperación AECIName of client: Síndic de Greuges de CataluñaName of consortium members: Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid (ICAM) The Public Defender of Spain
This Project supported the work carried out by the judges and the lawyers from Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). It was an idea proposed by Ideaborn and adopted by the Spanish and Catalan Ombudsman (Defensor del Pueblo and Síndic de Greuges) the Madrid Bar association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid ICAM), the Human Rights Documentation centre from Sarajevo and the Ombudsman of the federation of BiH. The funds were provided by AECI. During the project several study visits to Spain were organized for the three members of the BiH Federation Ombudsman office. Through this activity they acquired a great understanding of the processes to establish and consolidate the protection mechanisms for Human Rights in a young democracy, as it is the Spanish one. At the same time, seminars and investigation groups for the BiH jurists were created.
Type of services provided
– Identification of the needs of the institution for the Ombudsman of the BiH Federation.
– Identification of the needs of the associations of judges and BiH lawyers.
– Identification of the counterparties in Spain.
– Formulation and composition of the project following the AECI format