- Dates (start/end) : July 2012 – June 2014Overall project value (EUR): 668.080Origin of funding: European CommissionName of client: Ministry of Justice and Law of ColombiaName of consortium members: CISP- Ideaborn foundation
Provision of technical assistance and consultancy services for the Programme Management Unit (PMU) and beneficiary institutions to carry out the project ‘Institutional Strengthening for Assistance to Victims’.
The objective of this project is to contribute to the strengthening of the rule of law and to combating impunity, in order that victims of human rights violations and breaches of international human rights may claim their rights to truth, justice and reparation, and to achieve the following results:
- victims of conflict participate in and have access to the judicial and administrative means to obtain truth, justice and reparation of their rights;
- State institutions provide effective support for victims concerning their rights and legal and administrative procedures;
- the institutions responsible for victims’ support coordinate their approach, avoiding duplication of efforts and working under the premise of joint responsibility.
The strategy adopted for the provision of technical assistance services is participative, inclusive and reflexive: the participation and inclusion of all different stakeholders involved in victims’ assistance and in the implementation of the new law on victims (Ley de Victimas) allows the team to identify critical points and specific risks to be addressed to develop an effective model for Integral intervention. This will also identify the best solutions to reach the expected results and objectives of the programme; in particular some critical approaches will be considered in the development of specific activities:
- Local Capacity Building combined with human rights approach
- “Differentiated” approach (ethnicity; gender, etc.)
- Do not Harm approach
- Knowledge management
Type of services provided
1 permanent expert category I, as consultant for a total of 500 w/d – expert in access to justice, human rights and assistance to victims.
Various experts category I, for short term supporting missions for a total of 330 w/d (Indicators and monitoring; analysis, systematization and archiving of documentation related to transitional justice; EC procedures; administration and finance procedures; improving local services for victims; etc)
Permanent backstopping service, in particular from the consortium’s offices in Colombia, Spain and Italy.