Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : January-December 2012Overall project value (EUR): 12.000Origin of funding: European CommissionName of client: AETS / European Commission
Strengthen the capacity of EU staff at headquarters and Delegations to mainstream gender equality and women’s empowerment in all EU external cooperation instruments and across development cooperation sectors, and to conduct an informed policy and political dialogue on gender, according to the EU Action Plan on Gender Equality and Women Empowerment.
A. Mainstream a gender perspective in core EU training courses: Conflict Prevention, Crisis Management and Peace building | Human Rights and democratization | Program and Project Cycle Management | Budget Support | Policy Dialogue | Water and sanitation | Private sector | Energy | Agriculture, environment, natural resources
B. Ensure regular on-line gender training opportunities to all EU staff_ Update contents and deliver 3 online courses to 25 participants:
1) Basic training on gender and development
2) Gender mainstreaming through the Project Approach
3) Basic tools and strategies for gender mainstreaming in EU development cooperation.
C. Make available ad-hoc guidance and technical assistance to EU staff at headquarters and Delegations on how to implement the EU Action Plan on Gender Equality and Women Empowerment.
D. Improve dissemination and visibility of best practices in the area of gender equality in development cooperation and policy/political dialogue.
E. Strengthen the network of Gender Focal Persons in EU Delegations
Type of services provided
1 expert in gender and knowledge management (40 working days)
– Tutoring the 3 online courses
– Preparing newsletters with best practices and briefing of relevant issues
– Administrating the 2 groups of the capacity4 dev platform related to gender
– Providing support to gender focal persons in EU delegations