Place Category: ideaborn sl
- Dates (start/end) : April-June 2008Overall project value (EUR): 6.800Origin of funding: EuropeAid / Universidad del RosarioName of client: CISP/ European Commission to Colombia and Ecuador
The project to evaluate aims at reducing the problems faced by displaced people due to internal conflicts. To that end one of the cornerstones of this initiative is to build up and/or rebuild the social network of displaced communities within their new urban environment. Another milestone is to push for the socioeconomic reorganization and recovery of the people displaced without neither affecting nor discriminating those exiting vulnerable people in the receiving communities. Last but not least it aims at supporting those Non State Actors that support the vulnerable regardless of whether they are displaced or not.
A midterm evaluation cannot really evaluate the final impact of the activities, yet it can help identifying the major problems that the implementation of the planned activities faces and the evolution of the external factors affecting them. That is therefore the goal of this contract.
Type of services provided
The evaluation has been developed through:
– Comprehensive Desk Review;
– Multiple meetings/Interviews with relevant actors;
– Various participative workshops in different selected places of the country with direct and indirect beneficiaries.
It will assess the strengths and weaknesses of the project design and current implementation in terms of efficacy, impact and sustainability. It will, whenever possible, evaluate the likely results compared with specific and general objectives. Likewise it will also propose recommendations about the possible improvements of management procedures (if any) for the next phase of the project.
Team leader – Project evaluation expert (social and community area)
Economist – Social economic impact evaluation
Moreover, ideaborn provided:
– Junior Assistants (support during workshops, data systematization, etc.).
– Logistics/administrative support activities (Documentation research, document quality control, linguistic revision, logistic organization, etc).